DC Event Hub manages over 35,000 square feet of event space in the District of Columbia. Our flagship venues, The Loft at 600 F and the National Union Building, are two of the most active and well reviewed event spaces in the city. This is a position that places the qualified candidate at the active forefront of a multitude of successfully planned and executed special occasions. You will directly interface with our clients, responding to their requests and questions, while working with the event management team to make our client’s successful events the best possible.
- Gathering information on prospective events and quotes for event space
- Day to day assisting within roles across the company’s event process, such as AV support, printing, and other on-site activities
- Occasional working events from the hospitality side: including serving, and being on site as an event attendant
- Conducting Saturday morning weekend tours for prospective event clients
- Calling prospective customers
- Detailed logging of phone interactions, scheduling follow-ups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a pleasant phone voice required
- Hospitality and team-oriented attitude; willingness to help out with any aspect of the business if and when required
- Ability to assist with the planning of multiple events simultaneously while maintaining a high level of organization and composure
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to occasional early mornings and weekends.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, make frequent trips up and down flights of stairs, and to lift at least 40lbs
About DC Event Hub
The Loft is an event space in the Penn Quarter / Chinatown neighborhood of Washington DC located directly across the street from the Verizon Center. The Loft encompasses three event floors and hosts hundreds of events a year.
DC Event Hub coordinates the logistical production of a vast variety of client events including:
- Corporate meetings and conferences
- Retail pop-ups shops, art galleries and craft workshops
- Fundraisers, happy hours, and networking events
- Video screenings, book signings, and photo shoots
- Weddings, engagement parties, bridal showers and baby showers
- Wine and food tastings, award banquets
How to Apply
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and able to attend interviews in Washington, D.C.