We are looking for an independent, creative, and hard-working events professional to join our engagement team as our Events Administrative Assistant to manage a wide range of internal and external events, including Shabbat prenegs and onegs, monthly book groups, family celebrations, and large public events. The Events Administrative Assistant will also oversee space rentals for our two-building campus.
- Create, maintain, and manage comprehensive events calendar.
- Work with senior staff to identify key goals, expectations, and budgets for events and plan accordingly.
- Order food and beverages for internal events, and ensure that we consistently have supplies, furniture, and equipment needed for hospitality, business meetings, events, and services.
- Coordinate booking of all rental events, including creating estimates and agreements, collecting deposits, contracts, and certificates of insurance, and working with the finance department to invoice and reconcile costs for all events.
- Create event setups and clearly communicate these to staff and external vendors.
- Be on site for rental events, ensure that rental customers and their guests are greeted, that all vendors and clients are checked in and checked out, and that rental rules and guidelines are followed.
- Work with outside vendors to coordinate deliveries, kitchen use, and cleanup.
- Find new and creative ways to make each event a success.
- Be part of the Engagement Team present at certain community events, holiday services, Shabbat Services, High Holy Days, Special Events, & Program Responsibilities.
- Play an active role in creating a meaningful High Holy Day experience by serving on the planning committee, working with all staff to ensure all services and events are appropriately set up, and being on site during key services and programs.
- Assist with occasional large-scale special events including but not limited to High Holy Day programming, fundraisers, member and community events, and social justice initiatives. Other relevant duties may be assigned based on the skillset of the applicant.
1-2+ years professional events experience required.
Knowledge of all areas of events planning including scheduling, events management software (EMS or other a plus though not required), basic room setups, vendor and client relationships, and a basic understanding of contracts and liability insurance.
Responsive, professional, and enthusiastic attitude, welcoming personality, and a passion for events and hospitality.
Detail-oriented, highly organized, and excellent at time management.
Ability to build relationships and interact effectively with a diverse group of staff, clergy, community members, and outside vendors.
Enthusiasm for working in a vibrant Jewish congregation undergoing meaningful and exciting growth and change (knowledge of Jewish Customs, Holidays etc a plus though not required).
Able to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
Sense of humor, flexibility, and willingness to pitch in as needed.
Computer proficiency Microsoft Excel, Email, Google Docs.