● Developing annual events calendar including but not limited to the Korean Cultural Experience, Taste of Korea, appreciation events, setting up participation in external events that support A-KEEP’s mission, values and vision
● Establish fundraising goals, plan fundraising efforts and track progress
● Manage new and current donors through appropriate identification, cultivation and solicitation
● Work closely with the public relations and marketing team and graphic designer on the creation of event publications, signage, enhancing the event visibility in the local and regional community
● Develop target markets, business opportunities and program participants through data mining, research, community involvement, and other experiences
● Update quarterly and monthly calendars and collateral, as information becomes more relevant and detailed, events should drive usage and retention
● ensure proper execution of events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
Excellent writing skills and an eye for details
Creativity and enthusiasm
Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
Ability to give presentations
Capable of working in both team environment and solo
Support for volunteers:
Volunteers work under the direction of various staff members or other volunteers, who will provide task-specific training.
The KSL & BUD Event Coordinator will be able to attend events free of charge or at a reduced price, will receive A-KEEP's newsletter and be recognized in A-KEEP's annual/impact report.
The KSL & BUD Event Coordinator also has the opportunity to learn skills for professional development, interact with members of the community and/or gain leadership experience.