Role & Responsibilities:
- All services should be delivered punctually at scheduled times and in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). The Event Manager is expected to oversee all pre-event planning and resource scheduling, crewing, technical briefing, live event management and post-event debrief. He/she would also be responsible for ensuring that all the direct reports arrive on time for the start of the scheduled meeting setup-up time and remain until the required service is functioning correctly.
- The Event Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Client Management – Building and maintaining client relationships.
- Team Management – Direct Management of Event Technicians
- Share management duties of technical staff in the delivery of live events.
- Fault Reporting Management – ensure all faults are reported and escalated in accordance to contract SLAs
- Assist in managing the rota, holidays and sicknesses within the onsite events team to allow for continuation of delivering best-in-class services
- Management of temporary free-lance personnel.
Training & Development:
- Team Building – Promote and deliver team collaboration whilst maintaining team morale.
- Work with Senior Event Manager to identify opportunities for team training.
- Reporting – Collection, entry of client statistical data including SLA performance, management information, team performance and other business metrics for client.
- Meetings – Attend regular client meetings and team meetings and maintain close contact with the Senior Event Manager to ensure effective communication and take part in weekly / monthly review meetings.
- Documentation – Drive the creation and enhancement of all site documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Risk Assessments and to work with the Senior Events Manager to ensure documentation processes and procedures are maintained in accordance with client and Kinly requirements.
- Scheduling – assist in the management of Event Team Rota, including holiday requests and sicknesses, to make sure all site workload and activities are planned and resourced within SLA agreements.
Events & Webinars
- Attend all pre-event planning meetings and be responsible for resource scheduling, crewing, technical briefing, live event management and post-event debrief.
- Work with specialised production (internal and external) and facilities companies in the provision of events and broadcasts.
- Maintain good communication channels with clients, get to know their technical requirements and choose the right solutions.
- Create and administrate webinars using the agreed client platform.
- Project management of live events / webinars across the client’s sites.
- Attend / co-ordinate event production meetings.
- On-site management and overall responsibility of events.
- Booking crew to the highest level of skill sets.
- Providing a concise technical brief to the operating crew.
- Outsourcing and booking of hire equipment and additional services when required
- Technician duties as a member of the AV/ Events team.
- Post-event wrap-up report and meeting, including identification of incidents and problems and ensuring these are rectified prior to future events.
- Advise clients on best practice / most effective technoclogy / best fit platform for their event / webinar.
- Advise client on potential procedural and technical risks
- Work with the AV Operations Manager and Senior Events Manager to prepare best practice documentation and ensure that it is kept up to date and stored in a shared place.
- Share events knowledge and best practices across the entire AV team.
- Working with Event Technicians, the Event Co-ordinator and the Senior Event Manager to ensure all events are resourced effectively.
- Working with AV Operations Manager to manage performance of the Event Technicians.
- Client relationship development.
- Provide regular feedback on communication issues and service improvements.
- Focus on service / operational issues for review.
- Develop service procedure documentation and ensure current documentation is kept up to date and available to the onsite AV teams.
- Oversee the maintenance and appearance of the professional working environment in the event spaces
- Identify areas of potential Technological/Operational improvements and consult with the relevant stakeholders
- Carry out all power down / up when required, usually involving out-of-hours overtime commitments.
- Coordinate all AV project/installation requirements.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with Client, Kinly and other 3rd party service desks.
- Awareness of, and compliance with, the Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety policies and procedures that comprise the client and Kinly’s Integrated Management System.
- Webinar creation and delivery experience
- Understanding / experience of hybrid event delivery
- Creation of Risk Assessment documentation
- MS Office / Visio
- Hybrid working environment
- 23 days holiday plus Bank holidays rising with length of service
- Health Cash plan with opportunity to include dependants
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Stakeholder’s pension scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- We provide you with support and access to a range of internal & external training courses including the opportunity to do an apprenticeship
- We recognise those important occasions in your life, such as work anniversaries, birthdays, stars of the month and becoming a parent
- Kinly is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, gender identity, pregnancy, colour, race, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion or any other ‘protected characteristics. We welcome your application.