- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
- We are now recruiting for a Marketing Manager to join the Global Festivals team, working across a variety of events, media and bespoke projects focusing on the African Technology Industry. You'll also work on the 26th Africa Tech Festival, the largest technology event in Africa, taking place in Cape Town on 14-16 November 2023.
- The Marketing Manager is responsible for converting Audience Prospects into monetised audiences; seeking to convert a qualified audience prospect to free and paid delegates to Physical, Virtual or Hybrid Events. The Marketing Manager will also play a critical role in building year-round communities with our audiences.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager in developing the marketing strategy and integrated marketing plans, to deliver key marketing and business objectives for a series or larger products, including strategy to drive synergies and growth and identification of opportunities
- Manage and develop customer value propositions for a series of products (events, bespoke client events, etc.).
- Motivate cross-functional team to achieve a shared goal/deliver KPIs.
- Identify the target Audience prospects and secure reach into Prospects that are aware.
- Test strategies to optimize offering of insight and permission.
- Design and execute marketing campaigns that encourage audience Prospects to walk through the buying cycle from awareness to interest, desire and ultimately (e-commerce) action (and Advocacy) for Physical, Virtual & Hybrid Events.
- Identify and test new channels and digital solutions.
- Drive delegate retention to ensure the highest levels of attendance for Physical and Virtual events (paid and unpaid).
- Cross-pollinate audiences from one source of information, education and connection to another.
- Coach and mentor members of the Marketing team.
- Responsible for retention/renewal programmes and retaining audience year-to- year.
Best practice/measuring performance/innovation & product development
- Strategic thinker who uses data and analytics to make informed decisions
- A strong copywriter who can adapt tone of voice based on the platform(s) and audience(s) targeted
- Ability to use imagination, originality and creative flair to develop new ideas and create leading edge innovative client-focused solutions
- Champions roll out of best practice and innovations.
- Uses technology platforms for greater ROI, efficiencies or insight.
- Partners with Data & Analytics within Pillar, to analyse data and use data to measure and improve performance.
- KPIs - reporting, delegate revenue and audience forecasting and performance metrics to key internal and external stakeholders, highlighting revenue risks, opportunities and changing landscapes. Regularly reviews and implements tactics to optimise marketing plans, channel performance, response rates, audience demographics, and executes industry best practices.
- Tracks and monitors channel performance and ROI of spend incorporating insights and lessons learned into campaigns regularly during the campaign cycle.
- Maximises usage and adherence to Informa systems and processes, adopting best practice and facilitating developments in line with internal and external requirements.
- Fosters and leads internal partnerships, ensuring collaboration is driven with a customer focus.
- Demonstrable experience in Campaign Management (ideally within the events or publication industry), forming and executing a strategy that raises awareness, generates interest and desire, and solicits action
- Leveraging multiple techniques and channels in order to achieve objectives.
- Prior audience marketing experience and ability to understand the target audiences, brand propositions and key messages
- Direct response marketing experience; soliciting a call to action generating demand for delegate attendance or sale
- Demonstrable knowledge of the competitive landscape
- History of marketing KPI delivery
- Content Marketing; art of using relevant, engaging content to attract and nurture prospects through the buyer journey
- Building and maintaining relationships and understanding customer needs.
- Managing senior stakeholders and large complex customers
- Strong collaboration and communication skills written, verbal, presentation
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives
- Can-do attitude to deliver results.
- Additional Information:
Why work for Information?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training for development
- Pension match and a range of other entirely flexible benefits to suit your needs
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder!
- We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.