Kelly Services, a worldwide leader in the staffing industry, has an immediate opening with our client, a leader in the Oil and Gas Industry for an Event Services / Event Planner in Spring, TX. This position will support the Event Services Supervisor at Corporate Headquarters. This is a long term contract (multi-year) with high visibility.
Overall Responsibilities include:
- Planning and full execution of a portfolio of business-related meetings, events, customer programs and training seminars within the U.S. and internationally.
- Event Planners portfolios can contain a wide range of event sizes and complexity with approximately 20+ events per year.
- Event Planners provide professional expertise in support of the business objectives of the business units, Corporate Headquarters and associated services groups including, but not limited to, RFP, hotel/venue selection, budgeting, negotiating/contracting, food & beverage, audiovisual, décor, transportation, security, invoicing/payment.
- As a member of the Event Services team of meeting and event professionals, Event Planner will interface with a wide level of business clients throughout the Corporation to manage programs.
- The Event Planner works under the day-to-day supervision of the Event Services Supervisor.
Primary Job Functions:
- Professionally plan, coordinate and make logistical arrangements for business-related meetings, events, and associated activity functions
- Inspect and critically evaluate meeting space, lodging and related venues and services to ensure a consistently high standard of quality, safety and security
- Select key suppliers, prepare budgets, negotiate and execute contracts in compliance with Delegated Client Procurement guidelines, audit and process payment as requested on behalf of the business units and associated service groups
- Seek measurable savings on negotiated hotel rooms, catering, audio/visual equipment, transportation, entertainment, gifts and other supplier services
- Maintains accurate records for events to ensure proper controls requirements and as a tool for efficiency and continuous improvement opportunities
- Serve as a valued advisor to clients in analyzing and recommending the most productive, cost-effective venues and formats for business meetings and events
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with resource and service providers, including: hotels, conference centers, restaurants, ground and air transportation companies, destination management companies, caterers, entertainment companies, gift suppliers, audio/visual companies, florists, etc.
- Ensure events are in compliance with company standards, controls, security and safety requirements
- Maintain professional standing through continuing education and advanced certification, as well as membership and regular involvement in professional organizations (Meeting Professionals International)
- Certified Meeting Professional Accreditation or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum five years hospitality industry experience
- Capable of adapting to changing circumstances, handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously (workload can include management of min of 5 programs in various stages, 20+ programs per year)
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Microsoft Applications) and possesses excellent administrative and organizational competencies, as well as attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal skills
- Effective negotiating skills with both internal and external parties
- Contracting experience including experience negotiating/executing legal clauses and addendums
- Ability to promote and support teamwork among peers, clients and suppliers
- Able to quickly adapt to diverse environments
- High degree of discretion
- Ability to work extended hours, both evenings and weekends as needed.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally, approximately 30%
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be a self-starter
- Demonstrated work experience as corporate event planner
- Knowledge and sensitivity to protocol
This position is being recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the submit your resume button. Please submit in Word format.