Days Needed: Monday - Friday (sometimes on weekeneds)
Who you are : Are you passionate about the creating events? Are you a behind-the-scenes magic maker that makes sure everything is organized and seamless from start to finish? If so, this is the position for you! We are looking for someone who will focus on corporate tours who is able to take a client from the first call through the decision making process, then plan the logistics and manage the actual tour.
Who we are : Austin Detours is the largest tour company in Austin, providing public, private and corporate tours and teambuilding to clients ranging from 2-500 people. Our motto is simple – “WE CREATE FUN.” We have the best guides in the city who know Austin’s culture, music, people and food more than anyone else in town. If you want to work for a fast-growing, fun and young company that offers a lot of responsibility and challenge, come join our team!
What you’ll do : Some of your duties will include:
- Selling, planning and overseeing corporate tours
- Vendor communication and planning
- Client confirmations and changes
- Tour development
- On-site management of tours
- Networking, industry events, maintaining relationships
What does it take to do this job?
- You must be a person who likes to work A LOT and is willing to pitch in when needed (You’re not always clocking in at 9 and leaving at 5)
- You’re able to juggle lots of moving parts
- You’re able to deal with many different personalities
- You’re a pleaser – we work with all different kinds of people and our goal is that everyone leaves having fun and knowing that we are their “friends in Austin.”
- You’re creative, innovative and open minded
- You’re self-motivated – you learn quickly, respond well to moderate guidance and are always 2 steps ahead.
- You’re confident and well spoken – People are coming to us with a problem that you have to solve.
- You’re detail- oriented – our events require perfection and nothing less
- You’re adaptable – you easily deal with sudden change
- You’re highly communicative – if you’re having an issue, bring it to our attention, along with ideas on how to fix it.
If this position sounds like the one for you, tell us what you’ve done in the past, why you’re perfect for this position and what you’d recommend to someone for the “ultimate weekend in Austin.”
**Please do not submit resume without a cover letter.
**Please only apply if you have lived in Austin for more than 1 year.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Event Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Austin, Texas (Required)