Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan live, hybrid and virtual events for a broad range of clients including corporates, luxury brands and high-net-worth private individuals, creating events and experiences that truly reflect the BAFTA brand and exceed client expectations.
- Receive and review the client contracts and ensure that upselling opportunities are maximised from contract through to final invoice.
- Support the delivery of the team’s annual targets through secondary spends, including food and beverage, technical support and enhancements, and the services of the accredited suppliers.
- Lead on the tasting process and generate upselling opportunities Meet and exceed personal sales targets.
- Work closely with the Senior Event Planning Manager, Senior Sales Manager and Operations Team, including the Head Chef, Banqueting Manager and Technical support to ensure that all operational requirements and arrangements are in place for each event and all upselling opportunities are maximised.
- Prepare all event documentation and coordinate with relevant departments and the client to ensure consistent, high-level service.
- Build strong client relationships to ensure repeat business is maintained.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, working to strict deadlines.
- Propose resolutions to any challenges promptly and proactively and maintain a solutions-based approach.
- Be fully conversant with the technical capabilities of the building.
- Complete budget management and reconciliation across all events including reporting.
- Ensure post-event evaluation is undertaken (including data entry and analysis and producing reports).
- Be flexible in working hours, to accommodate client events and occasional weekend working.
- Represent the venue at showcase events and exhibitions and support the team on cultivation events as required.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience working in a multi-purpose venue with a proven track record in the delivery of sales targets excellent time management and organisational skills with a background of planning events for up to 250 guests an active interest in monitoring industry trends and other events to inspire new ways to improve our event delivery knowledge of Salesforce/Delphi – an advantage
Ideally you will be:
- Confident, assertive and decisive with a strong operational and commercial mind-set.
- Quick to absorb, process and retain large amounts of information.
- Passionate about the events industry, an enthusiastic and proactive approach is a must.
About BAFTA 195 Piccadilly
- 195 Piccadilly - Is BAFTA’s headquarters; our venue allows BAFTA to; double its year-round charitable work to find and support new talent across film, games and television; offer essential support to the industry; and ensure that careers in film, games and television are open to all. It will also generate additional income which will be used to expand our learning programmes throughout the UK and globally.
- We have just undergone an extensive refurbishment programme and our new and increased space will enable BAFTA to support over 80,000 people to develop a career in the creative industries each year
- Here’s a quote from - HRH The Duke of Cambridge KG, President of BAFTA