Requisition Number- UKIE-27151
Location- Uxbridge UK
Additional Locations- Fleet UK, Maidenhead UK, Milton Keynes UK, Faversham UK
Area of Interest- Meetings & Events
- Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of 1,500+ people are committed to sustainability and driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves. In the UK we have a team of around 360 located across four BCD offices, based in client offices or are remote based.
- While we can’t guarantee every day will be the best (who can?), we can promise a community of people who genuinely care and lead with empathy, a flexible workplace with awesome perks and challenging work that means something.
About the role:
- We are looking for an Event Project Manager to join our Meetings Management Life Sciences team working remotely within one of our pharmaceutical client dedicated accounts. You will have expertise in delivering a range of type of in-person events, have worldwide end to end event delivery experience. You are at ease guiding your stakeholders, mentoring team members, working independently and calling on your wider team to collaborate with. You are comfortable in negotiating with suppliers, reviewing venue/supplier contracts, budget management, (including reconciliation) and event planning.
As an Event Project Manager, you will:
- Have overall responsibility for the planning and execution of events in the UK and Overseas including logistics and website creation, delegate registration / communication assigned to you
- Consult with stakeholders to gather all requirements to deliver the right event solution to meet their objectives
- Consistently apply and demonstrate our expertise to our clients
- Ability to guide and mentor team members and manage onsite event project teams
- Manage external vendors and suppliers – for sourcing, negotiating, contracting and event delivery
- Financial responsibility of the event budget – from budget preparation to final reconciliation.
You’re good at:
- Communication – listening, written and verbal - able to interpret our client’s objectives to be delivered into all aspects of their event
- Ability to instil confidence in your clients that we are experts in our field
- Proven end to end UK and overseas event delivery experience
- Proven meeting technology and delegate registration knowledge and expertise
- Excellent attention to detail and budgeting management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Ability to react, think on your feet, offer solutions, work on multiple projects and timelines at once
- Ability to travel regularly in the UK and Overseas.
You might also have:
- Pharmaceutical event delivery experience
- Pharmaceutical compliance knowledge
- Virtual meeting platform and event mobile app experience
- Event Management degree
You should know:
- Role is UK remote based, full time, Monday-Friday you will need to spend 1 day per week at our client offices in Uxbridge
- Our standard working hours are 9:00 AM -5:30 PM with an hour break
- You must have the ability to travel within the UK and Overseas
- You must have the right to work in the UK