- Event Content Manager - Key Responsibilities:
Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Ideation of event topics, and crafting of content for event materials, including key event discussion points, and descriptive copy;
- Sourcing of and liaising with appropriate event speakers within GLG’s network of expertsand at times via external channels
- Hosting and moderating small group events and panel discussion
Leadership of internal team engaged in multiple meetings and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Following process standards and showing strong decision-making abilities;
- Managing speakers, internal teams and clients participation both directly and in collaboration with internal partners;
- Client-facing, customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication.
- Across all our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
- For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy.
- Demonstrated interest and/or understanding of global and Greater China/APAC business and economic developments and issues;
- Customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time;
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong copyediting skills are a pre-requisite; Proven ability and track record to working in a rigorous, fast-pace work and team environment
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting;
- Fluent in written and spoken English; other Asian language especially Mandarin a plus
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team within and remotely;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
- GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of approximately 1 million experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
- We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
- GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
- To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.