Position is on the research staff of a government consulting organization headquartered in McLean, VA. Employment location will be on-site at a Washington, DC based agency.
Position requires an active TOP SECRET clearance, with capability of obtaining Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Access .
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to improving the business of government, drawing from deep expertise in advanced analytics, digital services, logistics, and management advisory services. Established as a private, not-for-profit organization in 1961, LMI is a trusted third party to federal civilian and defense agencies, free of commercial and political bias. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction. We offer a generous compensation package with excellent benefits that start the first day of employment. Business casual dress, flex time, and tuition reimbursement are a few of our many work-life benefits available to our employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the direct supervisor for a contractor Event Planning team located at a government agency , and is responsible for daily interactions with supervising government officials and interviewing and recommending selection of new candidates/team members.
- Plan events and conferences for national and international visitors to a U.S. government office.
- Organize meals, tours, programs, documents for distribution, audio-visual needs, transportation, translation services and accommodations as required.
- Work in conjunction with a government-contracting officer, government sponsors of events, and existing protocol offices to provide support , to include preparation and processing of government funding documents for event support .
- Provide event planning related training to onboarding government officials.
- Document best practices and practical guidance in an Event Planning guide for on-going use by the government office.
- Maintain guide over time.
- Bachelor's degree in business, tourism and hospitality, or international relations, or related field (Required). C ertified Government Meeting Planner (C GMP ) Certification (Preferred).
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in event planning where events range from 2 to 200 attendees to include best practices in event management and coordination; risk management; financial, legal and ethical safeguards; catering; and meeting and conference planning.
- Two years experience of executing events inside the Pentagon and in National Capital Region is preferred and should include:
- Knowledge of options within the Pentagon for catering, photography and conference space
- Experience with entry and exit procedures, including proper documentation, for Pentagon guests
- Understanding of International cultural considerations when developing a Washington based visitor program
- Practical knowledge of government and business protocol to include foreign and military protocols and cultural considerations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- For this position, a current TOP SECRET level security clearance is required, with current eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Access . LMI will only consider applicants with current security clearances. Please note that only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance