Operations & Administration Director
Organize Florida is a progressive, community-based organization engaged in and committed to building power to effect change in times of injustice, maintain and protect our existing rights in the state of Florida whenever and wherever injustices are being committed or civil rights are being infringed upon.
The Organize Florida Education Fund is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that both trains and develops leaders and organizes families in low-to moderate-income communities in Florida. Our vision is for these communities to become critically engaged in the political system in order to create a more just and equitable society.
Organize Florida seeks a highly motivated, talented, dynamic and detailed oriented individual to serve as the Operations & Events Coordinator. The primary role of this position is to support the Operations and Administration Director with calendaring/scheduling, event logistics, supplies and maintenance requests, managing the welcome center and other duties as assigned.
- Manage the Welcome Center; greet visitors, staff, City Officials, volunteers, members and special guests in a professional manner, while answering incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties.
- Support Operations and Administration Director with calendaring/scheduling, supply, inventory, maintenance, equipment requests and provide status updates.
- Assist Operations and Administration Director with planning and implementation of all logistical needs for internal and external events.
- Coordinate with other operations staff on events logistics in their regions and assist when needed.
- Complete event template to ensure all logistics needs are met and provide timely status updates to Operations and Administration Director and event leads.
- Responsible for completing pre and post logistic event checklists. Complete data entry and send the final budget to supervisor for review.
- Complete projects assigned by Operations and Administration Director and follow-up on results.
- Perform additional job duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor and or in coordination with Tampa Regional Director.
- 2-3 years of administrative and event planning experience with a proven track record of meeting goals and deliverables.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong time management and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in google gmail, drive, calendar, sheets.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. as needed for events.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed for events.
- Commitment and passion for social justice and the Organize Florida mission.