The Venue and Events Manager oversees all Capital Factory venue space and events that take place at Capital Factory Austin, and Dallas. You manage a team that includes venue coordinators, event coordinators, PT Front Desk Event Staff, and Assistants.
You ensure the team works smoothly together, and that all internal and external events at Capital Factory are successful. You oversee the approvals process for client events and venue rentals, work with our various inhouse teams to host internal events, ensure our calendar is always full of relevant programming, and make sure that our Hackathons, Special Events, Meetups, AMAs and all other events go well. You oversee large event weeks like SXSW and Austin Startup Week. You manage the event strategy of our Dallas campus and ensure the team there has the resources they need to be successful.
About Capital Factory...
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.
You’ll know you’re successful if…
- Our regular event calendar is full of great events
- Our Austin and Dallas event spaces run like a well-oiled machine
- Our Dallas team is supported, and growing their events calendar with your guidance
- Guests want to host their events here over and over
- Our internal events receive the same level of support as external events
- Everyone loves interacting with you
- You have 4+ years experience in event and venue management
- You have managed a team before and are a confident leader
- You are detail oriented.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You’re unfazeable. When everyone else is getting stressed or excited, you keep your cool.
- You are excited to work in the middle of downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and don’t write passwords down on paper.
- You are available in person during business hours (10am-6pm), frequently in the evenings and on the weekends.
- You are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Austin Startup Week (October).
- You plan on staying in Austin and being available for this job for the next 3 years.
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
You work effectively with the Google Apps products including Gmail, Calendar, Drive (Spreadsheets and Documents). Make sure to familiar yourself with Asana, Buffer, Facebook eEvents and pages, Twitter, Eventbrite, Meetup.com, Wordpress, and Mailchimp.
- 15 days PTO, plus paid holidays including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance
- Downtown parking and Omni Center Gym Membership
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory